Digital Transformation is the profound transformation of business and organizational activities, processes, competencies and models to fully leverage the changes in technology.
To take advantage of the opportunities of digital technologies and their accelerating impact across society organizations must look at the trends in a strategic and prioritized way.
- Destroying silos
- Embracing the remote workforce
- Rapid Innovation
- Adaptability – More vital to success than ever
- Big data and analytics – Importance in the business world can’t be overstated
- Growing importance of the User Experience (UX)
- Augmented reality and virtual reality (experiential and gamification)
- Application program interfaces (API)
- Digital transformation is driven by the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Smart machines and artificial intelligence (AI)
Digital transformation enables an organization to better compete in an economic landscape that’s constantly changing as technology evolves. Because the doubling of computer processing speeds every 18 months (Moore’s Law) is just one manifestation of the greater trend that all technological change occurring at an exponential rate – digital transformation must be continuous.
Digital Transformation must be both a strategic and tactical focus of an organization if they are to keep pace with emerging customer demands – now and in the future.