Battery Inverter for High – Voltage Batteries
SUNNY BOY STORAGE 3.7 / 5.0 / 6.0
- Expand with additional battery power as needed
- Battery type: Li-ion
- DC voltage range: 100 V bis 550 V
- Ideal for grid-connected systems
- Connect up to three high-voltage batteries
- Integrated Secure Power Supply function
- Fully automatic backup function for supplying electricity to the complete home (optional)
- The integrated service package SMA Smart Connected for automated monitoring of battery inverters
SUNNY BOY STORAGE 2.5
Simply Greater Independence. The Sunny Boy Storage is the battery inverter for high-voltage batteries from important reputable manufacturers. With a charge and discharge power of 2.5 kW, it is ideally suited to handle electricity demand of a private household.
- Battery type: Li-ion
- Max. apparent AC power: 2500 VA
- DC voltage range: 100 V to 500 V
- Most cost-effective AC-connected battery inverter on the market
- 97 % efficiency allows for optimal use of cached energy
- Maximum PV yields while meeting all applicable regulations for feed-in limits (e.g., EEG, KfW 275, Zero Export)
Battery Inverters for On-and Off – Grid applications
Sunny Island 4.4M / 6.0H / 8.0H
The Sunny Island has been installed more than 70,000 times worldwide. With the new generation, installers and PV system operators benefit from an even more user-friendly battery inverter.
- AC power at 25°C for 30 min: 4400 W / 6000 W / 8000 W
- Rated input voltage: 48 V
- AC input voltage range: 172.5 V … 264.5 V
- Lower system costs thanks to fewer components
- Faster installation and commissioning with a simple user interface
- Warranty period extended to 10 years
SUNNY ISLAND 3.0M / 4.4M
The Sunny Island 3.0M / 4.4M is the perfect product solution for stand-alone and grid-connected systems with a power output range of 2 to 13 kW. Furthermore, being a core element in the SMA Flexible Storage System, the Sunny Island stores generated solar power and works with the Sunny Home Manager 2.0 to manage home energy consumption intelligently.
- AC power at 25°C for 30 min: 3,000 W / 4,400 W
- Rated input voltage: 48 V
- AC-AC input voltage range: 172,5 V … 264,5 V
SUNNY ISLAND 6.0H / 8.0H
The Sunny Island 6.0H / 8.0H supports a wide range of on-grid and off-grid applications in the 3 to 25 kW range – from operation in remote off-grid areas to home energy management. Furthermore, being a core element in the SMA Flexible Storage System for new and existing PV systems, it stores generated solar power and works with the Sunny Home Manager 2.0 to manage home and commercial energy consumption intelligently.
- AC power at 25 °C for 30 min: 6000 W / 8000 W
- Nominal battery voltage: 48 V / 48 V
- AC input voltage range: 172.5 V … 264.5 V / 172.5 V … 264.5 V
Battery Inverters for large scale storage solutions
MULTICLUSTER SYSTEM 12 FOR SUNNY ISLAND
Proven technology with new application areas for PV systems – the SMA Multicluster System 12 is now suitable for operation on the utility grid as well. In Germany, it complies with the applicable conditions for connection to the low-voltage grid of VDE-ARN 4105: With the battery inverters Sunny Island 6.0H or 8.0H and the NA-Box 12, commercial self-consumption and batterybackup systems of up to 100 kWp can be set up. On an international scale, the Grid-Connect-Box 12 can be used to form self-consumption and battery-backup systems with an output of up to 138 kWp. The new Multicluster-Box 12 is suitable for TN- and TT-grids thanks to the integrated grounding contactor. In areas with very unstable utility grids, a diesel generator can also be connected. For off-grid regions, the Multicluster-Box 12 allows powerful solar off-grid systems with up to 138 kWp to be set up – ideal for commercial enterprises and village power supplies in rural regions.
MULTICLUSTER BOXES FOR SUNNY ISLAND
The power of the AC main distribution unit for Sunny Island systems has been increased by 20 %. This allows off-grid and hybrid systems in the power ranges of 20 to 300 kW to be implemented even more cost-effectively. The specific costs for the overall system are being reduced thanks to a maximum PV output of 360 kW and the flexible design capability of the Sunny Island 6.0H / 8.0H. Based on proven technology, 2 to 12 three-phase clusters, each consisting of 3 Sunny Island inverters, can be connected in parallel. To simplify installation, all Multicluster Boxes are completely wired and fitted at the factory and have a main connector for generators, the load distribution and PV or wind turbine systems. All data cables required for the installation are included in the delivery. With the Multicluster solution for Sunny Island, you really have thought of everything. Even complex energy supply solutions are easy to implement.
SUNNY CENTRAL STORAGE 2200 / 2475 / 2500-EV / 2750-EV
Grid-connected storage systems enable the integration of large amounts of intermittent renewable energy into the utility grid while ensuring maximum grid stability. The Sunny Central Storage is the central component of the SMA system solution for integration of large-scale storage systems. It is designed to compensate fluctuations in solar energy generation and offers comprehensive grid management services, e.g., automatic frequency control. The battery inverter is optimized for continuous operation at nominal load and temperature of −25°C to +50°C. Thanks to its wide DC voltage range, it is compatible with various types of battery technologies. The Sunny Central Storage is designed to work with the SMA Fuel Save Controller and is also available as turnkey solution with medium-voltage block.